Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Importance of....

So I had all these grand plans of what I was going to blog about this year, all the soap boxes I would get up on...and probably get knocked off of but in the absence of sleep and the excitment of being able to go out on a date night with my darling husband...I've forgotten them all! Obviously they weren't all that important in the grand scheme of things. Or maybe they were but sleep, family time, and time with the hubby have won out as more important. So this will be a post about the importance of....well of life, love etc. Right now as I sit here, A and L are fighting over a toy and I'm thinking of the importance of serenity. Oh sweet serenity how I long for you. Once there was a day where I could sit in silence and enjoy a cup of tea, read a book, watch a movie without screaming, fighting, someone pestering me because they are hungry, tired, poopy or whatever. I would love to just for a fleeting moment have that back. Think of it, a nice comfy chair, a cuddly warm blanket, a hot beverage of your choice and a damn good romance novel...ahhhh blissss....I can almost envision it, and then out of nowhere I'm snapped back into reality by a scream of "Noooooooo!" And I have to look around at the chaos around me and smile, I really wouldn't trade this for anything, no matter how many times I wish to run and lock myself in the bathroom for 5 minutes alone, I always come back to this spot and I count my blessing that I have the love of my life standing strong beside me...ready to face whatever battle might entail with our little munchkins and the two most wonderful, beautiful childen who are brilliant, cute and sometimes sassy. Oh yes I wouldn't change it for anything...well maybe I'd trade it right now. Did I mention we're getting a babysitter tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment