Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Spirited Child

Do you have one of these? I know I sure do! Little L is definately a very spirited child, he does what he wants, when he wants to and that's that. In a way I guess he's alot like me, very stubborn, independant and doesn't want to be rushed or hurried along. He's been this way since birth, but I'm just as stubborn as he is and well I'm his mommy so therefor I win right? (I wish!) We are now starting on the adventure that is toddlerhood...we're full blown into the "terrible twos" and I have a full blown kicking, screaming, pushing, shoving, biting little boy who thinks everything is "mine". And most days I really just want to pull my hair out when it comes to trying to deal with him. Luckily for me I have a bunch of amazing mommy friends who have been in my situation with their children and I can rely on them for support. I don't get looked at like I'm a horrible parent because my child is the one pushing the other kids at the playground while I'm desperately trying to get him to listen and slow down while juggling an almost 1 year old who really really just wants to get down and get going (sorry Miss A you can't even walk yet, no way are you going to try climbing the monkey bars!) This amazing group of mommies kind of helps watch out for him and I'm really greatful! You know the saying "it takes a village to raise a child" well in this instance I think it takes an army to raise this one!

Some of these amazing mommy friends attended a wonderful workshop put on by the Author of Raising Your Spirited Child, which I had wanted to go to but my munchkins were sick and it was snowing and my hubby was out trying to keep ahead of the 6 inches of snow that was falling. But they came back with lots of suggestions and ideas and they were really excited about it. So i'm starting an adventure into the book, I borrowed it from a friend and I haven't yet cracked it open, its sitting here beside me and I'm itching to read it. I think I'll crack it on my way out to the farm today to pick up little L and get our pictures taken. I think that I will try to read a chapter a week and let you know on Sunday what I thought about it, and how it is going with new tips and tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment